my mom

my mom
a picture of my mother first diagnosed in 2000

Friday, December 31, 2010

Food for thought...

I had a conversation with my uncle from Kansas about cancer. His wife (my aunt) has breast cancer, my grandma and him couldn't understand how my mother could have gotten diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the age of 33. All types of cancer run in our family history. But its hard to accept it when someone has it at the prime of thier life. I made the comment that our food has a lot to do with so many diseases in the world. We are what we eat. We eat food with steroids, chemicals, preservatives over the course of our entire life. I think its because of our food we end up so sick. I dont know if that is correct its just my opinion. But I learned some interesting facts last night from my uncle about slaughter houses, what cows, pigs, and chickens eat. But I'm happy we share similar opinions on how much the food we eat impacts us. I wish I could go more into details but I'm sure I'll offend someone, so I rather leave it as food for thought and for those who read this to make thier own opinion. Makes me grateful that I've changed most of my eating habits to organic, gluten free, vegan, and vegitarian. Still working on changing my mom's eating habits, but she's warming up to it. I can't reverse the damage that has been done, but I can do all I can to repair it. Wish I could go more into details about the food we eat, but I rather you decide. I'll post some links soon so you see for yourself as well as the dangerous effects of it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment